As Earth and her allies compete with the tyrannical Balbard Empire for the prophesied "Planet of the Titans" which will grant whoever is able to complete its twelve labors will receive a vast sum of knowledge, the space battleship
and her Star Force face their greatest challenge.
1) DEREK ♂ - Age: 45. Full Name: Derek Susumu Kodai Wildstar. Rank: Colonel (Army); Commander (Air); Fleet Captain (Naval). Homeworld: Earth. Species: Human. Physical Features: Tall body with swimmer's build, Brown eyes, Fair skin tone, Dark Brown hair in a mullet style, and a low-medium register voice. Ever since the loss of the Yamato in the battle against the Dingiran Imperium, Derek has moved on to become a happy father to a little daughter named Mabel and a well-respected ship captain in the United Galactic Commonwealth. An emergency rescue mission, however, results in him going missing and discovering the Titans' planet Valhalla which the others have to find so to stop Balbard.
2) NOVA ♀ - Age: 45. Full Name: Nova Yuki Mori Forrester Kodai Wildstar. Rank: Lieutenant Colonel (Army); Colonel (Air); Captain (Naval).
Homeworld: Earth. Species: Human. Physical Features: Medium-Tall body, Green eyes, Fair skin tone, Golden Blonde hair in a long Hime cut, and a medium register voice. A lot has changed for Nova ever since marrying her Derek, for she is now not only a mother to a daughter named Mabel; but she is now the executive officer and a fighter pilot in Black Tiger Squadron. The spark still remains between her and Derek, even after he goes missing for a good part of the film. When it appears Yamato must fly again, she takes command to find Derek and save him.
3) JORDY ♂ - Age: 34. Full Name: Jordan "Jordy" Jirou Shima Venture. Rank: Captain (Army); Captain (Army); Lieutenant Commander (Naval). Homeworld: Earth. Species: Human. Physical Features: Tall body with swimmer's build, Brown eyes, Light Olive skin tone, Dark Brown hair in a regular Taper cut, and a low-medium register voice. The little brother of Yamato's best navigator the deceased Mark Daisuke Shima Venture, Jordy has made a successful military career of his own in taking command of the Space Battleship Arizona. In the wake of the botched rescue mission, he asks to be bumped down to a lower rank to serve as Nova's executive officer and a ground soldier aboard Yamato to rescue Derek.
4) MELDA ♀ - Age: 45. Full Name: Melda Dietz. Rank: Lieutenant Colonel (Army); Colonel (Air); Captain (Naval). Homeworld: Gamilas. Species: Galman (formerly Gamilon). Physical Features: Medium-Tall body, Brown eyes, Blue skin tone, Scarlet hair in a medium-length Bob cut, and a low-medium register voice. Dietz is a model Galman soldier valuing honor and tries to act honorably even when under assault. She is one of the first female soldiers and fighter pilots to rise through the ranks of the Galman Armed Forces and is just one of the latest to join an exchange program with the Earth Defense Force. It is due to her experience and compassion that Nova picks her for Yamato's fighter wings.
5) CONROY ♂ - Age: 43. Full Name: Cory Shiro Kato Conroy. Rank: Lieutenant Colonel (Army); Colonel (Air); Captain (Naval). Homeworld: Earth. Species: Human. Physical Features: Tall body with swimmer's build, Brown eyes, Light Olive skin tone, Dark Brown hair in a regular Taper cut, and a low-medium register voice. All the new pilots of Cosmo Zero, Black Tiger and Cosmo Falcon squadrons report to Cory Shiro Kato Conroy, the younger brother of Yamato's own Air Group Commander the deceased Peter Saburo Kato Conroy. Conroy is a gifted though level-headed pilot, often putting his life on the line for his comrades. He and Melda work well together, so they are paired up by Nova.
6) MEDEA ♀ - Age: 23. Full Name: Medea. Rank: Captain (Army); Captain (Army); Lieutenant Commander (Naval). Homeworld: Earth.
Species: Artificial Intelligence - Starship Operations Holographic Program. Physical Features: Medium-Tall body, Blue eyes, Blue skin tone, Blue hair in a long flowing style, and a low-medium register voice. Despite being programmed mainly for overseeing shipboard operations and accompanying Analyzer IQ-9 on ground party missions, Medea is a very knowledgeable and protective being. The Yamato's main computer system hopes to learn how to act and ultimately be more like her human comrades. She is made mobile by a hovering A.I. projector node.
7) ANALYZER ♂ - Age: 25. Full Name: Analyzer Unit IQ-9. Rank: Captain (Army); Captain (Army); Lieutenant Commander (Naval). Homeworld: Earth. Species: Analyzer Unit series robot. Physical Features: Short-Medium body on twin crawler wheel legs, Clear dome head, Twin yellow antennae, and synthesized low-medium register voice. Since the first voyage to Iscandar, Analyzer is a quantum computer with autonomous thinking and behavior allowing him to act as a general-purpose class system node analysis terminal. He is equipped with an AI system installed with BIOS judgement rather than a simulated personality. Hating to be referred to by number, he refers to himself as “Analyzer” or "IQ".
8) GALINA ♀ - Age: 22. Full Name: Galina Maho Orihara Phoenix. Rank: Lieutenant Captain (Army); Lieutenant Captain (Air); Lieutenant (Naval). Homeworld: Earth. Species: Human. Physical Features: Medium-Tall body, Brown eyes, Fair skin tone, Golden Blonde hair in a long Hime cut, and a medium-high register voice. The new helm officer and a fighter pilot of Yamato, Galina is being mentored by Nova in a special trainee mission out of the EDF Academy, and Nova has informed Galina of her intentions to groom her into her successor in the ship's later travels, and of her desire that she should fulfill her mentor's previous roles aboard the ship. She shares a special interest in Lt. Ty-Lee Evander.
9) TY-LEE ♂ - Age: 21. Full Name: Ty-Lee Goh Kamishiro Evander. Rank: Lieutenant Junior Grade (Army); Lieutenant (Air); Ensign (Naval). Homeworld: Earth. Species: Human. Physical Features: Medium-Tall body with swimmer's build, Brown eyes, Fair skin tone, Dark Brown hair in a mullet style, and a medium register voice. One of the newest members of Yamato's crew, Ty-Lee is enthusiastic and wants to earn the power to protect all of the peoples in the Universe. Recognizing his spirit, Nova puts Ty-Lee in the position of Yamato's combat group leader who will be in charge of both the main guns and serve in the fighter squadrons. There is a burgeoning romance between him and Lt. Galina Phoenix.
It is the year 2222 A.D., and nineteen years have passed since the Dingiran Incursions of Final Yamato. Through the combined efforts of both exploration forces from Earth and the Galman (formerly Gamilon) Empire, disparate tribes of emigrants from the long since destroyed planet Iscandar have been found and united to live on a new world they have colonized called New Iscandar. Together, the peoples of planet Earth; Galmus (the Galman home world); and Iscandar along with their respective governments have become the founding members of the United Galactic Commonwealth - pledging trade, diplomacy and mutual aid in defense of them, their allies and protected states of star systems.
But not all is well, for the Commonwealth has been in a long-running cold war that sometimes turns hot with a faction of star systems united under one race and civilization - the Balbard Empire of Ru-Sak-Gar hailing from the planet Dorau Mimil that has just warped into the area called the Oort Cloud. Currently, the race is on for the Commonwealth against the Empire for finding and claiming the ever mysterious "Planet of the Titans" called Valhalla Omicron, a world which if proven true, will yield godly wisdom knowledge and divine power to whoever is brave enough to reach it. In order to have a chance against the Balbards' best ships, the space battleship Yamato is being rebuilt and readied to fight again.
One would be forgiven for thinking that at first, this film would be a combination of the galactic journey aspects of Star Trek with the mythic swashbuckling adventures of Star Wars, the historical war drama films (633 Squadron; Sink the Bismarck!), the high-technology mecha series (Mobile Suit Gundam; Voltron; Neon Genesis Evangelion), but this film will also have a lot in common with the epic scopes and psychological questionings found in 2001: A Space Odyssey and Solaris with elements inspired by Erich von Däniken's classic book Chariots of the Gods? for context. They will come together in a four-quadrant, five-act, live-action film that explores possibilities of what is out there in the universe.
A mixed fleet of Commonwealth (Terran, Iscandarian and Galman) starships rescues survivors of a star system of planets being destroyed by a black hole, as well as one of their own ships. During the return, an enemy fleet of Balbard warships attacks them but only one of the Balbards survives and is taken prisoner. All of the crews feel some sort of connection to the black hole, as if something or somebody is calling to them from the other side. As the space battleship Yamato is rebuilt and resurrected with new technologies, the surviving crew and some family and friends resolve to take on the Balbard Empire to claim the planet Valhalla - but what they will find there will truly change their lives forever.
Aside from their own personal fears and insecurities about life and the universe, the crew of the space battleship Yamato: collectively called the Star Force; have to tangle with the one faction that is causing grief for many worlds of the United Galactic Commonwealth. This is the Balbard Empire of Ru-Sak-Gar hailing from the planet Dorau Mimil; a toxic Earth-like world with a giant honeycomb of interlocking space station bases covering the entire planet from orbit. The bright, pale white-skinned humanoid Balbards serve their cruel, despotic sorcerer warrior of a head of state Emperor Gau Baharuk without question. Balbards and their military now compete with Earth for ownership of the Titans' planet Vahalla.
1) SATORO ♂ - Age: 44. Full Name: Satoro Rex. Rank: Army General (Army); Fleet General (Air); Fleet Admiral (Naval). Homeworld: Dorau Mimil. Species: Balbard. Physical Features: Tall body with a Schwarzenegger-esque build, Black eyes, Pale White skin tone, Silver hair in a long style with a half-bald forward scalp, and a low-medium register voice. Wearing a dark cape with his military uniform and wielding a telescoping sword into combat with him, General Rex is the supreme commander of the Balbard military forces. Having been able to master what is the equivalent of dark magic, such forces have poisoned his mind further. He becomes a reluctant prisoner of the Star Force and the Yamato.
The Heroes and the Twist
At the beginning of this story, it would seem that one of the main heroes of the 2199 Earth-Gamilon War - Derek Wildstar - was lost forever to a black hole swirling near the planet Valhalla. One year later in 2223 A.D., the space battleship Yamato has been rebuilt yet again with all new technologies and ready to face whatever is thrown her way. Derek's wife Nova chooses to rally what is left of the old Star Force and accepts command of the Yamato to discover what happened to her husband and secure planet Valhalla's help in the fight against the Balbard Empire. As she finds her husband and they undertake the labors of the Valhallan Titans, they discover they are a civilization more sinister and dire.
The Story Breakdown
1. We start off with a recap of events prior to this film - in the year 2199, the space battleship Yamato undertook a year-long journey to the planet Iscandar to stop the then-tyrannical Gamilons from destroying Earth and save her home planet. Two years later in 2202, the Yamato battled the forces of the White Comet Empire of Gatlantis to stop them from threatening the rebounding Earth. Other despotic empires like the Dark Nebula of the Golbans and even the Bolar Federation reared their heads and the Yamato came out on top. But in her last battle in 2205, the Star Force sacrificed the Yamato to destroy the forces of the Dingiran Imperium over planets Uruk and Aquarius, while saving the Earth...
2. Three space battleships of Earth lead a fleet of others like them in orbit of the Valhalla system as it is on the verge of being sucked into what is believed to be a black hole. The three ships are the Andromeda-II under the command of Nova Wildstar, the Arizona under Jordan Venture's leadership, and the command ship of Nova's husband Derek Wildstar being the Excalibur. A husband and wife pair who are rescued from their planet by Nova and her ship request that Nova return them so they can surrender to the "ones who call for them from on high". For such a race as seemingly logical as the Valhallans, this is an unusual request for them to make which lends credence to some greater presence.
3. As shuttles carrying other Valhallans return to their mother ships, a fleet of the Balbard Empire of Ru-Sak-Gar approaches and a mighty battle ensues. Though the Commonwealth fleet is at a severe disadvantage, they manage to destroy all but the lead Balbard command ship. Determined to destroy the Excalibur, the Balbard chief commander General Satoro Rex takes his elite fighter on a kamikaze course towards the space battleship. It collides but does not cripple the mighty ship too badly. In trying to rescue Rex and bring him into custody, Derek receives and electro-chemical shock to the brain turning him wild. He then commandeers his Cosmo Zero to head for the black hole to pursue Valhalla.
4. Derek and Nova's daughter Mabel Miyuki Kodai Wildstar arrives on the bridge of Andromeda-II and watches with her mother Captain Nova as Derek disappears into the black hole, seemingly lost forever. Shocked but still knowing what must be done, Nova orders Andromeda-II and Excalibur to activate tractor beams on each other and engage their wave motion engines to warp back to Earth. Once back at Earth, Nova and Mabel pay a visit to Hero's Hill alongside Jordy and the rest of the remaining Star Force. Nova breaks down in tears apologizing to the memorial of the late Captain Abraham Juzo Okita Avatar for losing Derek to the black hole, and wonders if she should step down from the Star Force.
5. A whole year later, Nova and Mabel are paid a visit by the Commonwealth's CDEF Captain Gregory Westlake. He tells Nova that a special project has been undertaken in the Aquarius ice asteroid and that the planet known as Valhalla Omicron has been detected by long range scans at the black hole where Derek disappeared. All the best Commonwealth ships are to be dispatched to the site where Derek was lost because, as Nova theorizes, Valhalla Omicron promises to be the mythical "Planet of the Titans", the home of a once lost race with inconceivably advanced technology. However, the planet is about to be destroyed by the black hole. Whoever rescues the Titans will control the destiny of the universe.
6. Rejoining Black Tiger Squadron for old times' sake, Nova and Mabel meet up with Cory Shiro Kato Conroy and the up and coming Galman ace Melda Dietz - daughter of the deceased Admiral Gul Dietz from the 2199 Earth-Gamilon War. Taking a flight up to the ice asteroid Aquarius, Nova is shocked and pleasantly surprised that the Star Force has a ship to make the journey to Valhalla - Yamato. Sunk in the final battle with the Dingiran Imperium in 2203, the Commonwealth has recovered what's left of the ship and worked around the clock to rebuild her twice as big, powerful and capable to protect its member worlds from the insurgent Balbard Empire of Ru-Sak-Gar's incursions into Earth territory.
7. In the space of the planet Dorau Mimil - a toxic Earth-like world with a giant honeycomb of interlocking space station bases covering the entire planet from orbit called the Ru-Sak-Gar, Emperor Gau Baharuk grumbles over the loss of his best military general Satoro Rex to the enemy. For him, the ongoing stalemate in the war with the peoples of the United Galactic Commonwealth is unacceptable. They need a major victory that will secure their dominance as the sole power in the Universe. His aide, the traitorous renegade human Crichton Sei Kamishiro Evander reports that the Commonwealth has a new ship that they are going to take General Rex to Valhalla and claim the planet - the Yamato.
8. At the Aquarius Spacedock; Nova, Mabel, Conroy and Melda meet up with Jordy Venture, Stephen Shiro Sanada Sandor, Analyzer IQ-9 and two new cadets fresh out of the EDF Academy - Ty-Lee Goh Kamishiro Evander and Galina Maho Orihara Phoenix; Nova's very promising young protégée. Chief Engineer Timothy Tasuke Tokugawa Orion and Chief Medical Officer Penny Miyako Kyozuka Aycur are assigned to the Yamato as well. Sandor has also been working on a new addition to the ship - a mobile and sentient holographic artificial intelligence called the Starship Operations Holographic Program - a more functional version of the Yamato's main computer. In humanoid form, her name is Medea.
9. Westlake offers Nova command of the Yamato to reach and claim Valhalla for the Commonwealth before the Balbard Empire can get its hands on it. At first reluctant for believing she is responsible for the loss of Derek, Nova ultimately agrees to command the Yamato after it is stripped of its old 2199 Earth-Gamilon War name Argo. Over the course of final preparations for launch, Nova has Melda and Conroy paired up to lead Cosmo Zero, Black Tiger and Cosmo Falcon squadrons and train Ty-Lee and Galina as fighter pilots. IQ-9 and Medea are paired up as well, while the others reunite to perform their assigned duties except for Jordy who asks to be bumped down in rank and be Nova's first officer.
10. Departing the Aquarius asteroid, Nova first orders a test of the newly redesigned Wave Motion Engine to make the journey to the planet Valhalla in as few warps as possible. The environmental controls of Yamato are also tied in to a new Cosmic Reverser Capacitor (Cosmo Cleaner D/Cosmo DNA) system to prevent radiation ordinances from contaminating the ship. Eager to make up for the betrayal by his brother Crichton, Ty-Lee pledges his services to Nova in as best a capacity he can. Tasking him to work with Galina, Nova installs the potential-laden cadet as the combat group leader. His insights and skills will be put to the test later down the road over the course of this odyssey to planet Valhalla.
11. Aware that the Balbards will be looking to conquer the planet for themselves, Nova has insisted the prisoner General Satoro Rex come along as leverage to hold against the Balbard forces looking for a fight with Yamato. Upon arrival at the edge of the Valhalla system overlooking the black hole which shrouds the planet Valhalla, Nova orders the crew to stay alert for a surprise attack. The Balbard fleet has arrived in the system, notified of Yamato and Nova's presence hoping to strike a deal to extradite Rex back to his people in exchange for calling off all war with the Commonwealth. Suspecting an eventual double cross, Yamato is ordered to head down for the planet below to seek out the Titans.
12. Landing Yamato on the planet with fighter craft, Nova leaves Sandor in charge as she and a large scouting party move to attempt the potential rescue of Derek. Finding Derek's Cosmo Zero fighter intact and safely landed in a clearing near the Titans' capital city, Ty-Lee and Galina detect a large ornate castle which could be home of the Titans. The scouting party finds most of the surface of the planet to be a wild and inhospitable with cities encased in walls of fire. When Nova confronts a wild man accosting her with her folding katana and asks what has happened to her husband Derek, the wild man reveals himself to be Derek. Reunited at last, the Yamato captains meet a tribe of refugees.
13. For the past Earth year or so, Derek has lived among these refugees to learn what the scouting party needs to know about the Titans who rule this planet. With General Rex in tow, the now completely reunited Star Force bravely makes their way to the Grand Castle of the Titans along with a Balbard scouting party who have come to recover Satoro. Entering the great hall of the castle, the Balbard party and the Star Force are welcomed by the Valhallan Grand Titan and the Council of the Titans. Both sides seek great wisdom and power in their wars against perceived evil and injustice, which the Titans consider and ultimately deem a worthy cause - provided that twelve labors are performed.
14. The first few labors of the Valhallan Grand Titan are stated to the Star Force as follows. 1 - Nova must swim one circuit of the long moat called the River Styx in the nude against the Titans' selected champion; 2 - Ty-Lee must dust off and clean every shelf and book in the castle library in a single day; 3 - Jordy must his Cosmo Falcon through a predetermined slalom course of buoys, rings and hurdles all to surpass the previous champion's record; 4 - Melda must slay the Lernaean Hydra Spider who terrorizes the Asgard Valley; 5 - Derek must duel and return the beast Geryon to the castle; and 6 - Conroy must think up a way out to win the giant chess game against the Titans' chosen champion.
15. Nova arrives at a pier on the moat and meets the Titans' selected champion - the Balbard commander Glaga Bam who is Satoro's chief enforcer. Our heroine strips naked just as Glaga does likewise and they dive in to face the trial by fire that is the River Styx. The river does not sting, but the odor is terrible as Nova pushes forward to complete the first labor. Ty-Lee makes his way to the castle library and sets to work dusting off all the shelves and books laid before him. As he dusts off the books, a great deal of literary classics from Earth as well as some from faraway worlds catch his eye and mind's fancy, but Ty-Lee is keen to complete the labor before him as smartly and patiently as he truly can.
16. As the castle generates the slalom course in a perimeter around it, Jordy takes to the skies in his Cosmo Falcon ready to perform as best he can in as fast a time he can. With a stopwatch displaying the previous champion's recorded time, he will have to monitor his speed and his position carefully in order to maneuver his Falcon through the slalom expeditiously and carefully. In the meantime, Melda sneaks her own way through the Asgard Valley in trying to lure the Lernaean Hydra Spider out of its hidden trap and set traps of her own so that short work of the Spider can be made. Melda understands that to defeat the beast, she has to get into the demon's mindset and analyze it for patterns to exploit.
17. Derek cautiously and calmly enters the arena of the Geryon which is modeled after its depiction in Dante's Inferno as a dragon-winged beast with a wyvern's body, a scorpion's tail and a lion's paws, but with the face of a human. Knowing that the Geryon can be hurt by its own poisonous sting, he uses the arena to his advantage to prepare to launch himself towards the scorpion stinger to cut it off and impale the head of the beast with its own sting. The giant three-dimensional chessboard arena appears before Conroy as he analyzes the field in preparing to make his move. He does have one thing going for him - the fact that he is an expert with three maneuvering dimensions as opposed to two.
18. From the castle's great hall, the Council of Titans watches the Star Force undertaking their labors through six crystal globes. Nova has a good lead, but her character forces her to save Glaga from a cephalopod before continuing on to win. Both Derek and Melda impress the Titans with their mastery of their surroundings and analysis of their enemies in the Geryon and the Lernaean Hydra Spider to determine how to best slay them. They are astonished by how Ty-Lee and Jordy are able to complete their labors faster by doing them smarter, and Conroy shows them that an old dog like him can learn new tricks on the fly. Our heroes then return in triumph to await the final six labors to be performed.
19. The Grand Titan of Valhalla states the final six labors to the Star Force. 7 - Galina must lead a throng of escaped slaves to safety while trying to navigate the treacherous pass between the Aesir and Vanir mountains; 8 - Analyzer IQ-9 must plan and play a simulated strategy of space battleship warfare that is without casualties to his side; 9 - Derek, Nova and Jordy must use their wits and ethical code to decide the fate of a condemned alien charged with slaying a Titan; 10 - Melda, Conroy and Medea must fly a bombing run on a Balbard base surrounded by civilians without civilian casualties; 11 - Satoro must renounce his empire; and 12 - the Star Force must pledge their allegiance to the Titans.
20. Drawing her folding katana and cosmogun pistol, Galina appears to the fugitive slaves as the mythic hero ready to lead them to the fleet of starships parked on the other side of the Aesir-Vanir Pass. Hulking mountain orcs and flying, acid-breathing serpents stand between the slaves and freedom as Galina leads them through to the pass. With only a limited number of shots in her pistol, Galina analyzes the locale to make use of the terrain to both hide the slaves and trap the giant obstacles guarding the pass. With how the Star Force is overcoming the labors presented to them, the Council of Titans starts to grow nervous that their charade and strategy for Satoro will be blown wide open.
21. With Medea acting as his gunner and bombardier, Conroy flies his Cosmo Tiger alongside Melda's Arrowlet II fighter towards the Balbard base that has been built on the northern pole of Valhalla. Hovering above the base is a holographic simulation of a large Balbard fleet of space battleships that can do real damage to the two fighters making the bombing run. Only Analyzer IQ-9 controlling the holographic fleet of ships from the United Galactic Commonwealth can protect them. Sending the heavier ships and missile ships to go behind and ambush the Balbard fleet from the rear, Analyzer uses the lighter ships as a decoy while Conroy and Medea make their attack run and time the drops just right.
22. In a tribunal chamber, the condemned reptilian alien awaits its final sentence for the supposed death of the Titan. Derek, Nova and Jordy choose to begin the final arguments against the alien and from the alien itself. Noticing the wounds the Titan guards gave it, Derek chooses to let the alien tell its side of the story before making the final decision. The alien tells that a Titan turned into a giant spider and attacked many of its villages, slaughtering their women and children. Seeing the sincerity in the alien's eyes, Nova concludes that the slaying of the Titan was an act of self defense and that the Titans are not who they say they are just as the others arrive back in triumph from three of the final labors.
23. Jordy realizes that Nova is right when the others refuse to pledge their allegiance to the Titans and Satoro will not even consider such a thought like renouncing the Balbard Empire - thoroughly determined to harness whoever these creatures are to use against all the peoples of the Commonwealth. The Titans soon reveal themselves to be malevolent spider-beasts called the Cygnans. The Cygnans, now that the charade has been blown wide open, are analyzed and found to have ancestral humanoid DNA mutated beyond all recognition of what makes a hominid life form. Cygnans are really descended from the last humanoid man in the universe, sent to conquer and dominate all who stand their way.
24. Having watched the rest of the Star Force take part in the labors and growing concerned, Sandor contacts them from Yamato. Nova is the one to answer as she and Galina fight off a Cygnan spider-beast and General Satoro Rex as they begin to flee the castle. Weakened by the chaos, Satoro and the Cygnan Titans order the Balbard fleet that came to rescue the General to utterly destroy the Star Force. Derek knows the power that the Cygnan spider-beasts possesses is too dangerous for any civilization to inherit, so the planet and black hole must be eliminated and fast. The Yamato takes off and begins departing into the skies above Valhalla just in time as the Balbard fleet launches a full-scale attack.
25. A major space dogfight battle ensues as the Star Force launches their Cosmo Zero, Cosmo Tiger and Cosmo Falcon starfighters so they can protect their home ship the Yamato from the Balbard fleet of warships and starfighters attacking her. Sandor and the rest of Yamato's crew who are still aboard bring the ship roaring into life as stack missiles and shock cannons fire on Satoro's space battleship fleet while using her pulse laser turrets to give their fighters a hand. As soon as Yamato's fighters return to the ship with the Star Force while leaving Satoro behind, the gravity of the black hole begins to pull on the ship and Satoro's space fleet. A Wave Motion Gun blast will need to fire in order to escape.
26. With the source of energy for the black hole being the planet Valhalla itself, Yamato and the Star Force have to fire the Wave Motion Gun at Valhalla to break free of the planet's gravity. Satoro curses the stars as he, the Cygnan spider-beasts and Valhalla vaporize in a flash of light from being hit with the intense Hawking radiation of the Wave Motion Gun. Yamato herself is thrown forward after the violent cataclysm to a point in time recognizable as Earth before the earliest settlements. Residual wave motion energy and Hawking radiation from when Yamato had fired her gun streaks across Earth's atmosphere and lands near an early human camp, as visions of the crew teach them how to make a fire.
27. Arriving back in their own time by duplicating the process which brought them to both Valhalla and Earth in the past, Yamato and the Star Force receive an uproarious applause and welcome home from the many worlds of the Commonwealth. But once back on Earth near Hero's Hill, the Star Force finds statues of gods resembling them as the Titans giving the gift of fire to the early ancestors of man - the Homo sapiens and Homo erecti that sparked the beginnings of civilization. Had the Star Force gone back in time again and became the legendary Titans that sparked civilization? All sorts of mysteries and adventures await the space battleship Yamato as she sets off back into the stars once again...